By Peter Taiwo
The Gombe State Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has intensified efforts to locate nine individuals wanted for questioning in connection with an ongoing investigation, following a directive reportedly issued by a competent court.
According to the Command’s Spokesperson Command’s CSC Buhari Saad, the suspects are believed to have left the scene of an incident that is currently the subject of judicial proceedings.
Saad said the renewed search followed information obtained during the questioning of suspects already in custody. The suspects reportedly provided investigators with the identities of other individuals allegedly connected to the incident who were not apprehended at the time.
“Those being sought are Jimoh Sanusi, Ogbona Mathew, Ogundeyi Sunday, Ganiyat Nasir, Koleosho Joseph, Mudeen Idayatu, Babawale Teju, Umar Attar and Agbakoba Rauf.
CSC Buhari Saad stressed that the nine individuals are being sought as persons of interest for questioning, and that their inclusion in the investigation should not be construed as an indication of guilt or a criminal conviction.
He said the operation was being carried out in compliance with the court directive, adding that efforts had been intensified to locate the individuals and enable investigators to advance the case and facilitate the judicial process.
He appealed to members of the public with credible information about the whereabouts of any of the individuals to contact the nearest NSCDC office or other appropriate security agencies.
Corps Spokesperson assured the public that information provided to investigators would be treated confidentially.
Reaffirming its commitment to due process and the rule of law, the Gombe State Command Spokesperson said its actions in the matter would remain within the limits of its legal authority.
He consequently urged residents to remain calm and cooperate with security agencies as the investigation continues.







