Friday, August 21, 2026
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Salient Times Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • Health
  • E-COPY
No Result
View All Result
Salient Times Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • Health
  • E-COPY
No Result
View All Result
Salient Times Online
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Supreme Court, NJC, Federal High Court pull out of June 2 industrial action

Salient Times Online by Salient Times Online
June 1, 2025
in News
0
Supreme Court, NJC, Federal High Court pull out of June 2 industrial action
585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Workers of the Supreme Court of Nigeria have pulled out of the June 2 industrial strike called by the Judiciary Staff Union of Nigeria JUSUN, citing the intervention of the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun.

The workers of the apex court said they opted to decline participation in the strike as a result of cogent and verifiable assurances extracted from the CJN after a closed door meeting.

You might also like

“June 12 Betrayed Again?” — Adebayo Sounds Alarm, Says Democracy Under Siege 33 Years After Historic Vote

ADC: ‘He Sounded A Bit Confused,’ Dele Momodu Faults Ex-SGF Lawal’s Allegations Against Atiku

65,500 Stranded Nigerian Migrants Rescued In Nine Years

This is as workers of the National Judicial Council, NJC and those at the Federal High Court, FHC, have also resolved not to go ahead with the strike.

NJC had in a statement by Mr. Joel Ebiloma, the Public Relations Officer (PRO), JUSUN NJC Chapter, hinted that a two -week grace was granted the authorities concerned to enable them put their house in order to meet their demands.

The statement further said that the strike was put on hold to allow relevant stakeholders engage necessary authorities to ensure that the Accountant General of the Federation released the statutory allocations to the Judiciary based on the 2025 Appropriation in which the arrears of the Wage Award, minimum wage, and the 25%/35% salary increase have been captured.

However, the Supreme Court in a communique issued at the end of its meeting said the workers came to the conclusion of not joining the industrial action after assessment of issues and struggle of the CJN to get their demands met.

ADVERTISEMENT

The communique confirmed that the CJN had already visited the Presidency and tabled their demands in order to get them resolved fully.

The communique signed by 12 principal officers of the Supreme Court Chapter of JUSUN led by the Chairman, Comrade Danladi Nda said that joining the June 2 strike will amount to misplacement of priority and neglect and will result in exercise in futility,

“With CJN commendable efforts, we owe her our unwavering support in order to get the expected allowances and others paid”.

“Lower sister courts position on the planned nationwide strike cannot be managed by us in the Supreme Court as it will put the CJN efforts in vain, jeopardy and swept under the carpet.

“We pray that our colleagues be calm and allow the efforts of the CJN to achieve meaningful results.

The communique hinted that the Supreme Court chapter of JUSUN has commenced discussing with all the federal chapters to see reason and drop the planned nationwide industrial action for now.

“We urge those insisting to participate in the strike action to be patient and calm and go along with the CJN to achieve deserved result”, the communique said.

According to some credible sources, the CJN had obtained concrete assurances from the various federal government agencies she discussed the issue with and that everything would be resolved soon, which makes the call for strike unnecessary for now

Tags: Justice Kekere-EkunJUSUNNJC
Previous Post

Mid-Term Report: Tinubu’s renewed hope has turned into a nightmare for Nigerians – Afenifere slams Presidency 

Next Post

NDLEA arrests two Saudi-bound pilgrims for ‘ingesting 90 wraps of cocaine’

Salient Times Online

Salient Times Online

Related Posts

“June 12 Betrayed Again?” — Adebayo Sounds Alarm, Says Democracy Under Siege 33 Years After Historic Vote
News

“June 12 Betrayed Again?” — Adebayo Sounds Alarm, Says Democracy Under Siege 33 Years After Historic Vote

by Salient Times Online
June 12, 2026
ADC: ‘He Sounded A Bit Confused,’ Dele Momodu Faults Ex-SGF Lawal’s Allegations Against Atiku
News

ADC: ‘He Sounded A Bit Confused,’ Dele Momodu Faults Ex-SGF Lawal’s Allegations Against Atiku

by Salient Times Online
June 2, 2026
65,500 Stranded Nigerian Migrants Rescued In Nine Years
News

65,500 Stranded Nigerian Migrants Rescued In Nine Years

by Salient Times Online
June 2, 2026
News

Principals, teachers begin nationwide protests over abducted Ogbomoso schoolchildren

by Salient Times Online
June 2, 2026
Ogun Land Dispute Deepens as Sunday Adeyemo Disowns Radio Report, Backs Developer
News

Ogun Land Dispute Deepens as Sunday Adeyemo Disowns Radio Report, Backs Developer

by Salient Times Online
March 30, 2026
Next Post
NDLEA arrests two Saudi-bound pilgrims for ‘ingesting 90 wraps of cocaine’

NDLEA arrests two Saudi-bound pilgrims for ‘ingesting 90 wraps of cocaine’

ADVERTISEMENT
Salient Times Online

Salient Times Newspaper is a product of a dedicated Journalist and a public analyst.

Categories

  • Business
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Food
  • Gist
  • Health
  • ICT
  • International
  • Interview
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • National
  • News
  • Obituary
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Sponsored
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • World

Recent News

Customs Intercepts Cannabis, Rice, Other Contraband Worth N3.57bn in Ogun

Customs Intercepts Cannabis, Rice, Other Contraband Worth N3.57bn in Ogun

August 14, 2026
ADC Ogun Chairman Dismisses Petition, Alleges Plot to Destabilise Party

ADC Ogun Chairman Dismisses Petition, Alleges Plot to Destabilise Party

June 24, 2026

© 2023 Salient Times Online. All Right Reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us

© 2023 Salient Times Online. All Right Reserved