Tuesday, August 18, 2026
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Salient Times Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • Health
  • E-COPY
No Result
View All Result
Salient Times Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • Health
  • E-COPY
No Result
View All Result
Salient Times Online
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Confab: Refund Rivers’ N300m hosting right, Ibas blasts NBA

....it was a gift’ — NBA replies Rivers government

Salient Times Online by Salient Times Online
April 15, 2025
in News
0
Confab: Refund Rivers’ N300m hosting right, Ibas blasts NBA
585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Confab: Refund Rivers’ N300m hosting right, Ibas blasts NBA
….it was a gift’ — NBA replies Rivers government

 

The Sole Administrator of Rivers State, Vice Admiral Ibok-Etteh Ibas (retired), has called on the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) to refund the N300 million his administration paid for the hosting rights of the 2025 Annual General Conference.

You might also like

“June 12 Betrayed Again?” — Adebayo Sounds Alarm, Says Democracy Under Siege 33 Years After Historic Vote

ADC: ‘He Sounded A Bit Confused,’ Dele Momodu Faults Ex-SGF Lawal’s Allegations Against Atiku

65,500 Stranded Nigerian Migrants Rescued In Nine Years

The NBA had previously reversed its decision to hold the event in Rivers State, citing the declaration of a state of emergency and the collapse of democratic structures in the state as reasons for moving the event to Enugu.

In response to this development on Monday, Ibas stated, “While we respect the NBA’s right to choose its conference venues, we find it curious that the association—despite its ‘principled position’—has not addressed the refund of the N300 million already paid by the Rivers State Government for the hosting rights of the 2025 conference.”

He added, “If the NBA truly stands on principle, it should demonstrate the same integrity by promptly returning these funds rather than benefiting from a state it now publicly discredits.”

‘Gift Not Tied To Conference Hosting Rights’

Responding to the comment of the Rivers government, the NBA said there was no bidding process or payment before the announcement of Rivers as the host of the conference.

The NBA explained that due to the huge cost of organising the conference, the legal body approaches individuals and state governments for “unconditional” support.

“We wish to clarify that the decision to host the 2025 AGC in Port Harcourt was taken in August 2024 and was not subject of any bidding process or payment of any hosting rights,” the statement reads.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The host city has no hosting right and there is no representation by the NBA that the Conference must be held in a chosen city.

“Traditionally, because of the enormous cost involved in hosting the AGC, NBA Conference Planning Committee approaches organizations, agencies of government and state governments for support and the support requested for is unconditional and not tied to hosting rights or any rights whatsoever.

“Recent NBA conferences have been supported by different state governments, corporate organizations, ministries, departments and agencies whose budgets accommodate corporate social responsibilities and share the same vision with NBA.

“Such financial supports are in the form of gifts, partnerships or sponsorships. The money from Rivers State was a gift and was not tied to any purported hosting right for the NBA AGC.”

Tags: NBAVice Admiral Ibok-Étè Ibas
Previous Post

Portable remanded in Ilorin prison over failure to meet bail conditions (video)

Next Post

Rivers women stage solidarity march backing state of emergency

Salient Times Online

Salient Times Online

Related Posts

“June 12 Betrayed Again?” — Adebayo Sounds Alarm, Says Democracy Under Siege 33 Years After Historic Vote
News

“June 12 Betrayed Again?” — Adebayo Sounds Alarm, Says Democracy Under Siege 33 Years After Historic Vote

by Salient Times Online
June 12, 2026
ADC: ‘He Sounded A Bit Confused,’ Dele Momodu Faults Ex-SGF Lawal’s Allegations Against Atiku
News

ADC: ‘He Sounded A Bit Confused,’ Dele Momodu Faults Ex-SGF Lawal’s Allegations Against Atiku

by Salient Times Online
June 2, 2026
65,500 Stranded Nigerian Migrants Rescued In Nine Years
News

65,500 Stranded Nigerian Migrants Rescued In Nine Years

by Salient Times Online
June 2, 2026
News

Principals, teachers begin nationwide protests over abducted Ogbomoso schoolchildren

by Salient Times Online
June 2, 2026
Ogun Land Dispute Deepens as Sunday Adeyemo Disowns Radio Report, Backs Developer
News

Ogun Land Dispute Deepens as Sunday Adeyemo Disowns Radio Report, Backs Developer

by Salient Times Online
March 30, 2026
Next Post
Rivers women stage solidarity march backing state of emergency

Rivers women stage solidarity march backing state of emergency

ADVERTISEMENT
Salient Times Online

Salient Times Newspaper is a product of a dedicated Journalist and a public analyst.

Categories

  • Business
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Food
  • Gist
  • Health
  • ICT
  • International
  • Interview
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • National
  • News
  • Obituary
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Sponsored
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • World

Recent News

Customs Intercepts Cannabis, Rice, Other Contraband Worth N3.57bn in Ogun

Customs Intercepts Cannabis, Rice, Other Contraband Worth N3.57bn in Ogun

August 14, 2026
ADC Ogun Chairman Dismisses Petition, Alleges Plot to Destabilise Party

ADC Ogun Chairman Dismisses Petition, Alleges Plot to Destabilise Party

June 24, 2026

© 2023 Salient Times Online. All Right Reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us

© 2023 Salient Times Online. All Right Reserved