Monday, August 17, 2026
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Salient Times Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • Health
  • E-COPY
No Result
View All Result
Salient Times Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • Health
  • E-COPY
No Result
View All Result
Salient Times Online
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Alleged Tax Evasion: FIRS Moves To File Charges On Fleeing Binance Executive

Salient Times Online by Salient Times Online
April 20, 2024
in News
0
Alleged Tax Evasion: FIRS Moves To File Charges On Fleeing Binance Executive
585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Federal High Court in Abuja, has fixed May 17th to rule on an application by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), seeking to serve by substituted means the charge against a top executive of Binance Holdings Limited, Nadeem Anjarwalla, who fled from custody while awaiting trial.

Moses Ideho, Counsel to FIRS, hinted at moves to serve the charge of the fleeing defendant, on Tigran Gambaryan, the defendant who has been available since the matter started.

You might also like

“June 12 Betrayed Again?” — Adebayo Sounds Alarm, Says Democracy Under Siege 33 Years After Historic Vote

ADC: ‘He Sounded A Bit Confused,’ Dele Momodu Faults Ex-SGF Lawal’s Allegations Against Atiku

65,500 Stranded Nigerian Migrants Rescued In Nine Years

This comes days after the Presiding Judge, Justice Emeka Nwite, had ruled that it was proper to serve on Gambaryan, the charge against Binance, which is the first defendant in the case.

The judge had granted the application of the prosecution, stating that the defendant could represent the crypto-exchange company.

ADVERTISEMENT

The counsel to the defendant, Chukwuka Ikwazuonu, however, said it was inappropriate to serve a criminal charge of another defendant on his client, prompting the judge to adjourn the matter for ruling on the mode of service.

Anjarwalla Escapes From Custody
Last month, Anjarwalla escaped the custody of the Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA).

He was a suspect in the Federal Government’s ongoing probe into Binance activities in Nigeria.

“The Office of the National Security Adviser confirms that Nadeem Anjarwalla, a suspect in the ongoing criminal probe into the activities of Binance in Nigeria has escaped from lawful custody on Friday, 22 March 2024,” the NSA Office said.

“Upon receiving the report, the Office of the NSA took immediate steps, in conjunction with relevant security agencies, MDAs, as well as the international community, to apprehend the suspect.

“Preliminary investigation shows that Mr Anjarwalla fled Nigeria using a smuggled passport,” it said.

“The personnel responsible for the custody of the suspect have been arrested, and a thorough investigation is ongoing to unravel the circumstances that led to his escape from lawful detention.”

Until his escape, Anjarwalla, who holds British and Kenyan citizenship and serves as Binance’s Africa Regional Manager, was facing trial in Nigerian courts.

The suspect escaped while under a 14-day remand order by a court. He was scheduled to appear before it again on April 4, 2024

Tags: Binance
Previous Post

Yahaya Bello: EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi State High Court Order – Falana

Next Post

Ogun Govt begins training of herbalists for global market

Salient Times Online

Salient Times Online

Related Posts

“June 12 Betrayed Again?” — Adebayo Sounds Alarm, Says Democracy Under Siege 33 Years After Historic Vote
News

“June 12 Betrayed Again?” — Adebayo Sounds Alarm, Says Democracy Under Siege 33 Years After Historic Vote

by Salient Times Online
June 12, 2026
ADC: ‘He Sounded A Bit Confused,’ Dele Momodu Faults Ex-SGF Lawal’s Allegations Against Atiku
News

ADC: ‘He Sounded A Bit Confused,’ Dele Momodu Faults Ex-SGF Lawal’s Allegations Against Atiku

by Salient Times Online
June 2, 2026
65,500 Stranded Nigerian Migrants Rescued In Nine Years
News

65,500 Stranded Nigerian Migrants Rescued In Nine Years

by Salient Times Online
June 2, 2026
News

Principals, teachers begin nationwide protests over abducted Ogbomoso schoolchildren

by Salient Times Online
June 2, 2026
Ogun Land Dispute Deepens as Sunday Adeyemo Disowns Radio Report, Backs Developer
News

Ogun Land Dispute Deepens as Sunday Adeyemo Disowns Radio Report, Backs Developer

by Salient Times Online
March 30, 2026
Next Post
Ogun Govt begins training of herbalists for global market

Ogun Govt begins training of herbalists for global market

ADVERTISEMENT
Salient Times Online

Salient Times Newspaper is a product of a dedicated Journalist and a public analyst.

Categories

  • Business
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Food
  • Gist
  • Health
  • ICT
  • International
  • Interview
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • National
  • News
  • Obituary
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Sponsored
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • World

Recent News

Customs Intercepts Cannabis, Rice, Other Contraband Worth N3.57bn in Ogun

Customs Intercepts Cannabis, Rice, Other Contraband Worth N3.57bn in Ogun

August 14, 2026
ADC Ogun Chairman Dismisses Petition, Alleges Plot to Destabilise Party

ADC Ogun Chairman Dismisses Petition, Alleges Plot to Destabilise Party

June 24, 2026

© 2023 Salient Times Online. All Right Reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us

© 2023 Salient Times Online. All Right Reserved