Tuesday, May 19, 2026
  • About Us
  • Advertise With Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
Salient Times Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • Health
  • E-COPY
No Result
View All Result
Salient Times Online
  • Home
  • News
  • Business
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • Health
  • E-COPY
No Result
View All Result
Salient Times Online
No Result
View All Result
Home Metro

Group accuses Ondo deputy governor of wife battery – but he denies allegation

Salient Times Online by Salient Times Online
June 4, 2023
in Metro
0
Group accuses Ondo deputy governor of wife battery – but he denies allegation
585
SHARES
3.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Group accuses Ondo deputy governor of wife battery – but he denies allegation

 

You might also like

Man freed after 19 years in prison for $500 robbery he didn’t commit

Hospital sues patient who is refusing to leave

Cross River village head, 200 families displaced by soldiers lament from hideouts

A group known as the Society for Women Empowerment (SWE) has accused Lucky Aiyedatiwa, deputy governor of Ondo state, of assaulting Oluwaseun, his wife.

Damilola Charles, SWE’s national coordinator, said it is “disturbing” that Aiyedatiwa would perpetrate the alleged act and be allowed to cover it up.

Charles asked Betty Akeredolu, first lady of Ondo, to intervene in the matter and represent the interest of the Nigerian woman.

“It is unacceptable that a deputy governor would physically assault his wife and inflict grievous bodily injuries on her,” the coordinator said in a statement.

“Those who occupy public offices are expected to be above board and conduct themselves in a manner that would inspire the people and serve as role models.

“It is shocking to discover that the deputy governor assaulted his wife severely to the point that the wife had to escape to the United Kingdom to save her life.

“The deputy governor has broken moral decorum and acted in a manner that brings his office into disrepute. We are, to say the least, disappointed with this embarrassing conduct.”

ADVERTISEMENT

‘ALLEGATION IS FALSE’

In reaction to the allegation, Kenneth Odusola-Stevenson, Aiyedatiwa’s spokesperson, denied the allegation levelled against his principal.

Odusola-Stevenson said it is a known fact that Oluwaseun, who has lived and worked in the UK for years, shuttles between Nigeria and the European country.

“The said allegation of domestic abuse against the person of the deputy governor is a figment of the imagination of those behind it and their ungodly intentions to cause crisis in the state had been known for weeks and therefore such falsehood did not come as a surprise,” he said.

“While His Excellency reserves the right to privacy on issues pertaining to his family, it is pertinent to state clearly that there has never been any domestic violence between the deputy governor and his lovely wife, Mrs. Oluwaseun Aiyedatiwa, who at the moment is outside the shores of the country.

“In the last four months quoted in the false report as timeline, His Excellency has been busy with official duties of his office and has during the period performed the duties of the office of the governor as delegated to him by his boss, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Odunayo Akeredolu, while he was on leave.

“It is concerning to see that a faceless group said to be headed by a name not known anywhere in the state could sell such fabrication to media men.

“It is more concerning, however, that such a lie, which was not backed with any evidence whatsoever, could be promoted into a news item by journalists.”

Tags: Betty Akeredolu
Previous Post

Sanwo-Olu gets signed jersey from favourite Arsenal player Bukayo Saka

Next Post

NLC absent as FG meets with TUC over petrol subsidy

Salient Times Online

Salient Times Online

Related Posts

Man freed after 19 years in prison for $500 robbery he didn’t commit
Metro

Man freed after 19 years in prison for $500 robbery he didn’t commit

by Salient Times Online
March 17, 2026
Hospital sues patient who is refusing to leave
Metro

Hospital sues patient who is refusing to leave

by Salient Times Online
March 17, 2026
Cross River village head, 200 families displaced by soldiers lament from hideouts
Metro

Cross River village head, 200 families displaced by soldiers lament from hideouts

by Salient Times Online
March 17, 2026
Ogun: Bakre Siblings Hold Ramadan Lecture in Honour of Late Father
Metro

Ogun: Bakre Siblings Hold Ramadan Lecture in Honour of Late Father

by Salient Times Online
March 16, 2026
Road crashes claim 1,374 lives in Q4 2025 — NBS
Metro

Road crashes claim 1,374 lives in Q4 2025 — NBS

by Salient Times Online
March 12, 2026
Next Post
NLC absent as FG meets with TUC over petrol subsidy

NLC absent as FG meets with TUC over petrol subsidy

ADVERTISEMENT
Salient Times Online

Salient Times Newspaper is a product of a dedicated Journalist and a public analyst.

Categories

  • Business
  • Celebrity Gist
  • Crime
  • Culture
  • Education
  • Entertainment
  • Fashion
  • Features
  • Food
  • Gist
  • Health
  • ICT
  • International
  • Interview
  • Lifestyle
  • Metro
  • National
  • News
  • Obituary
  • Opinion
  • Politics
  • Religion
  • Sponsored
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • World

Recent News

Amotekun Corps Declare Ogun Woman Wanted for Allegedly Jumping Bail

Amotekun Corps Declare Ogun Woman Wanted for Allegedly Jumping Bail

March 31, 2026
The Business Of Bombs :War, Wealth, and the World’s Most Profitable Industry   

The Business Of Bombs :War, Wealth, and the World’s Most Profitable Industry  

March 30, 2026

© 2023 Salient Times Online. All Right Reserved

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Education
  • Opinion
  • Culture
  • Entertainment
  • Lifestyle
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Advertise With Us

© 2023 Salient Times Online. All Right Reserved